ATTENTION EVENT ORGANIZERS:
If for some reason your event page looks different, it's because Splash just underwent a major update, propelling our platform into a simpler, vastly more powerful direction.
Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll get back to you immediately, making sure your Splash is as beautiful as ever.So, what's different?
- Dazzling new themes, including a refresh of the classics
- A streamlined toolbar to make designing event easier
- Convenient features, such as on-page dragging
- Much, much more!
If you can't find your answer to any of the below FAQs, just click the "Ask a Question" button or email us directly at email@example.com
Ask a Question
- Attending an Event
- Creating An Event Page
- Sending Emails & Collecting RSVPs
- Selling Tickets
- Making Purchases (Splash Pro Features)
- Managing your Splash Account
- Umâ¦ Where is the Ticket Portal!?
- Can I specify the dates when a ticket is on sale?
- How do I limit the number of tickets for sale?
- Can I limit TOTAL number of tickets across multiple ticket types?
- Iâd like to add âEarly Bird Pricing.â But how!?
- Can I add âTerms and Conditionsâ to my tickets?
- How can I change the order in which I see tickets in my ticket portal?
- What happens if I hide or unhide a ticket?
- How do I re-issue a ticket?
- Does splash do printable tickets?
- Can I change the email address on a purchased ticket?
- Can I offer mobile on-site check-in?
- Can I sell tickets in currencies other than USD?
- I set up my tickets but I can't sell them. What's going on?!?
- If I created a âRSVP Eventâ can I still sell tickets?
Customizing Ticket Messaging to Attendees
- How do I edit ticket messaging?
- How can I capture information from my guests when they purchase tickets?
- I need ticket buyers to submit a file (e.g. resume, headshot) with their purchase. Is that possible?
- How do I download or export files submitted by ticket purchasers?
Understanding Ticket Fees
- EXACTLY how much is the fee per ticket?
- Can I have my attendees pay the Splash fee?
- I am organizing a free event but want to issue tickets. Is there a fee for this?
- Does Splash still charge a fee for orders that I refund?
- Does Splash offer discounted fees for Non-Profit Organizations (NPOs)?
Inputting Tax Information
- What tax forms do I have to submit?
- What is the Form 1099-K?
- When do I have to fill out the Form W-9 by?
- What will I receive once I've submitted the Form W-9?
- What if I've been collecting money on behalf of a third party?
- What happens if I do not complete the Form W-9?
- I made a mistake on my W-9. How do I update my information?
- I have more questions. Who can I talk to about this?
Generating & Using Discount Codes
- How do I create a discount code?
- Can I limit the number of times a discount code is used?
- Can I only apply discount codes to select tickets?
- How does a ticket purchaser go about requesting a refund?
- How do I issue a refund?
- Can Splash issue a refund on my (the event organizer) behalf?
- If I issue a refund, how do I ensure that the person doesnât attend the event anyway?
- How will I know when the refund has been processed?
- Is there a way to look at ONLY refunded ticket purchases?
- I see tickets marked as ârefundedâ that I never actually refunded. Whatâs going on!?
- The ârefundedâ dollar amount on my ticket portal is higher than expected. Why!?
- Can I offer partial refunds to my guests?
Getting Paid for Ticket Sales (“Payouts”)
- What is a âticket payoutâ?
- When do I receive my ticket payouts?
- What does it mean when a ticket payout is âtriggeredâ?
- Why do I have to wait to receive ticket payouts?
- Can I receive money from ticket sales (âticket payoutsâ) when they are purchased?
- My ticket payout is less than expected. Why!?
- Why is the âTotal Refundsâ amount larger than expected?
- What is a âpayout methodâ? What are my options?
- Why are âDirect Depositâ and âVenmoâ better options than âCheckâ?
- How can I change my payout method?
- What happens if someone doesnât recognize the ticket charge on their billing statement?
- Can I switch my payment method after I have already sold tickets?
Making Purchases (Splash Pro Features)
- What do email credits do, and why would I buy them?
- I purchased emails, but I don't see the credit in my event, what should I do?
- Can I use email credits across all of my events? If not, can I be refunded for emails I don't use?
White Label & Vanity URL
- What is a "White Label?"
- How do I set up a Vanity URL to go to my Splash page?
- Do I have to purchase a domain, or can I purchase a domain through Splash?
- What do I need to have a Vanity URL go to my Splash page?
- What is the difference between a domain and a subdomain?
- I've set up my vanity in the settings but it's not working! How do I fix this?
- What is white labeling?
- I purchased the White Label Pro Add-on, but it isn't showing up on my page. What do I do?
Creating An Event Page
Creating an Event Page 101
- Is there somewhere to see other Splash pages from past events?
- Can I restrict who has access to my Splash event page?
- Whatâs the difference between an âRSVPâ and âTicketedâ event?
- Can I sell tickets and collect RSVPs?
- I donât know the exact time and location of my event yet. Can I still create the page?
- How long will it take me to create my event page?
- When people come to my event page, will they see the editing toolbar?
- How do I âsaveâ my event page?
- How do I âpublishâ my event page?
- Can I create a recurring event?
- Can I duplicate an event page?
- Can I customize the confirmation messages my guests will receive?
- Can I allow multiple people to edit my page?
- How can I move the RSVP button?
- How can I re-order the sections of my page?
- How do I add a new section to my page?
- Whatâs with the cartoon animals?
- How do I customize the layout of a page section?
Choosing a Theme
- What is a theme?
- Can I change my theme?
- If I change my theme, will it erase all of the work Iâve already done?
- Do all themes look good on mobile?
- I donât know which theme to choose. Any recommendations?
- How do I edit the colors throughout my page?
- How can I change text color?
- What is the âColor Comboâ I see in the Theme Portal?
- Can I add another âColor Comboâ?
- Can I change the color of the RSVP button?
- I just want to change the color of a single shape or block. Is that possible?
Editing Text and Selecting Fonts
- How do I edit text?
- How do I change the font?
- Can I use multiple fonts on a single page?
- Can I change the font for the header text only?
- Can I upload my own font?
Adding Images, GIFs and Videos
- How do I edit the header image?
- Can I upload my own header image?
- What file type should I use for the header image?
- What is the recommended pixel size for an uploaded image?
- Can I make my header image a gif? Can I make it a video?
- What is the difference between an image group and an image gallery?
- Can I add text on top of an image?
- Is there a way for photographers from my event to upload images directly to my site?
Integrating Social Media into your Event Page
- Why should I create an event hashtag?
- What do the social media icons (Twitter, Facebook, Email) at the top of the page do?
- Is there any way to automatically pull Tweets with my event hashtag to my event page?
- Can I upload a Facebook gallery to my event page?
- What does the âFacebook Commentsâ element do?
Using Advanced Designer Mode
Managing your Splash Account
Managing your Splash Account
Attending an Event
RSVPing to an Event
- I put in the wrong email address when I RSVPed. What do I do?
- How do I cancel my RSVP?
- If the event is full, can I get on a waitlist?
- Why didnât I receive my RSVP confirmation?
Purchasing a Ticket
- Why didnât I receive my ticket purchase confirmation?
- Can I transfer my ticket to someone else?
- My confirmation email didnât include a ticket attachment. What happened?
- I lost my ticket. How do I have it re-issued?
- Do I have to print my ticket?
- Do I still have to print out the "free ticket" I purchased?
- Why is my credit card being declined?
- How do I apply a discount code?
- My discount code isnât working. Why!?
- I forgot to enter my discount code. What do I do?
Requesting a Refund
- How do I request a refund?
- I requested a refund. What now?
- The event was cancelled. Can I get a refund?
- I requested a refund, but the event organizer didnât respond. HELP!
- Can I request a refund after the event has taken place?
Understanding a Credit Card Charge
Sending Emails & Collecting RSVPs
- I don't want email notifications for when people RSVP to my event. How do I make that change?
- How does someone RSVP to my event?
- Can I make it so that only those I have invited can RSVP?
- Can I limit the number of RSVPs?
- Are invitees required to input their email address?
- Can my invitees RSVP âNoâ?
- Can my attendees change their RSVP response from âYesâ to âNoâ and vice versa?
- Can I add my own questions to the RSVP form?
- Can I allow my attendees to bring guests of their own?
- Where can I view my RSVPs?
- Where do I see the answers to my RSVP questions?
- How can I see the names of the guests (â+1sâ) of those whoâve RSVPed?
Creating your Guest List (aka Invite List)
- What is a guest list? How do I use it?
- I donât intend to send emails through Splash. Should I still create guest lists?
- Is a guest list needed to send out emails? (hint: Yes!)
- How do I create a guest list?
- Can I create multiple guest lists?
- How can I upload a list of contacts as a guest list?
- If Iâm uploading a contact list as a .csv file. How should I format it?
- What file types can I use to upload my contacts?
Designing and Sending Emails
- Is there a way to put personalized salutations (e.g., "Dear John") in emails?
- Whatâs the advantage of sending emails through Splash?
- Can I send myself a test email prior to sending out the invitations?
- Can I send different emails to different groups of people?
- Whatâs the difference between my Splash page and the invitation email?
- Can I change the image on my email?
- How can I further customize my email?
- Can I create an automated email reminder for my guests?
- Why only 300 email credits?
- Which emails count toward the 300 email credits? Which donât?
Creating and Managing a Waitlist
- Can I activate a waitlist when RSVPâs close or reach capacity?
- How do I create a waitlist?
- How do I move someone from waitlist to RSVP list?
- How do I add everyone from the waitlist to the RSVP list?
- Can I customize my waitlist confirmation messaging?