After every single event, plan to send a follow-up email within 24 hours. If you send within this timeframe, you’re going to get a 50 percent higher click-through rate than you would if you waited a few days.
A successful follow-up email could include any combination of the following:
- A “thank you for coming” note;
- Links to helpful resources, like how to sign up for your next event;
- A link to view the party photos and/or video;
- A quick recap of the night. Fundraising event hosts could announce the total money raised, and startup launch event hosts might consider including press articles;
- A special offer. For retail event hosts, a 20% off coupon always goes a long way.
Remember, your event guests are extremely valuable individuals. Treat them as such.
To get a deeper dive into how to up your email game, check out our latest ebook: The Best Event Email Marketing Plan. Ever.