One of the most useful things you can do before building your Splash page is to send out a short questionnaire to your speakers.
This is an easy way to find out all the information you need to effectively promote them. Not sure what to ask? Use this sample questionnaire as a starting point and make sure to ask for approved images of the speaker to use in your promotion materials:
– Full name as you would like to appear in materials:
– Name you would like to be referred to during the event:
– Job title:
– Alternate companies/organizations you are associated with:
– Speaking topic or title of presentation (if applicable):
– Description of talk:
– Products/platforms you are currently promoting:
– Other pertinent information about who you are and what you do:
I also recommend asking a personality-related question that's relevant to the event. Here are some ideas:
If you're throwing a women-in-tech conference: "What startup to you wish you would have launched?"
If you're hosting a literary discussion: "What's the last book you've read and loved?"
If you’re organizing a social media panel: "What's your favorite Instagram handle to stalk?"
If you're organizing a music event: "What album do you currently have on repeat?"
These types of questions give you extra context for the speaker bios section of your Splash, and can be a great conversation tool on social media.