If your event is ticketed, we recommend creating a separate RSVP ticket type reserved for specifically for a waitlist or continued interest. Avoid confusion (and accidentally giving away free tickets) by following these steps:
• Check off the “Make this an RSVP ticket” option when creating the ticket type.
• Only put the waitlist ticket on sale once your main tickets are sold out.
• Clarity is key! Use the ticket description and confirmation messaging to tell your guests this is a waitlist only ticket and does not grant admission to the event.
• Don’t send actual tickets. In the confirmation messaging settings, remove the PDF attachment option, shown here.
• Customize your order form questions to pertain specifically to the waitlist like additional contact info in case they are selected later on.
Don’t settle for reaching only your event attendees. Grow your audience with waitlists, so your events never burn out!