Event marketers, it’s time to have a heart to heart: while we all know that in-person events work — evident by growth in event investment, budgets, and technology — it is now unacceptable to report on anecdotal event results.
It’s with much love I’m telling you this. 23% of your peers know it, and we wouldn’t be doing our jobs if we weren’t educating and helping the other 77% get there.
Today, events are as measurable as digital marketing and they’re even more effective. We finally have the technology and integrated systems to track and prove it, and the fastest-growing enterprise brands have figured it out.
That’s why Splash partnered with Harvard Business Review Analytic Services to survey 739 enterprise leaders from all over the world. We wanted to better understand not only the state of event marketing today, but how the world’s top-performing companies — like Salesforce, Facebook, and MAC Cosmetics — are transforming their businesses with events.
When looking at the data, I was in awe of a specific group of respondents: the 23% that could truly measure event ROI. At Splash, we call this group of top performers “Event Optimizers,” because they are continually iterating, experimenting, and testing to maximize the most event ROI.
Looking closer at this top performing group, we found that they all shared these commonalities: