7. Set the temperature right. Your guests may never notice if the temperature is just right, but they will definitely notice if it’s too hot or too cold. Drop the temperature to 64 degrees before the doors open and let it warm up as more guests pile in.
8. Make sure you have good lighting. Good lighting is the key to creating energy. In the day, try to utilize natural daylight and then adjust the lighting as it gets darker.
9. Think about the smell. Smell is an unconventional but impactful way to create the right atmosphere in an event venue.
10. Don’t forget the music. Music can always set the mood, especially live music.
11. Get the sound right. Investing in quality speakers is worth it. Make sure your guests can hear event speakers clearly, but also hear each other over the music.
12. Keep the garbage cans empty. No one wants to look at an overflowing garbage can.
13. Build a logical floor plan. Create a natural flow that gives your guests room to move freely.
14. Buy comfortable chairs for your guests. No one likes to be forced to sit in an uncomfortable seat during a seminar or meal.
15. Stock your bathroom with supplies. Extra toiletries and even a needlework kit might come in handy.
16. Have nice toilet paper. No, really. Every guest will end up using the bathroom at some point during your event, so don’t skimp out.